Sunday, November 29, 2009

Professionals: Hair Straightening?

I straighten my hair 2 times every week except in school holidays. I have Mark Hill ceramic straightneners and I put John Feida hair protection spray on before I straighten. I also put Avon kids detangle spray on afterwards.



Is my hair (and anything else related) going to be ok, and give me the brutal truth please. I just want to be sure that I'm not damaging myself.



Thanks, much appriciated



*Angel*



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

Your fine...It is very good that your using the protection spray. It is good that you give your hair rests. You could try for a little extra protection any straighting shampoos i know Garnae Frutis has a line of products for people who straighten their hair, that might be something you would want to look in to. But if you didnt you would still be fine!



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

your hair is going to fall out



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

i think you are doing a good job protecting your hair every time you straighten....



but not straightening it would be better =)



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

i straighten my hair more than that, but like you i dont do it on school holidays or weekends unless i go out...but i do use alot of protection spray...i dont know, i wanna know too if im damaging my hair



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

Yeah, you're doing a good job protecting your hair :)



But it would be a bit better if you only straighten once a week



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

every time you straighten your hair it gets weak, falls out, damages, breaks ends



don't continue to straighten!!



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

I been straightnening for 3 years everytime I wash my hair (2 times a week)and my hair is perfect. You should cut the split ends pretty often tho.



I dont know your brand but I use GHD ceramic.I have a long, big hair and I manage to iron it in 15 minutes because GHD is very good.I go maximum twice on a thread of hair and it's straight and slick. I dont use any other products, just dry my hair very very well before ironing. I am not sure it's good to use products bec they make your hair wet which might be worst than nothing to your hair plus you just add not needed chemicals. All the best !



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

As ourselves, hair also need to have a good rest...



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

it depends as different hair types can be more or less prone to damage. judge yourself if your hair is damaged by the amount of split ends that you have. if you have a lot, just getting your hair trimmed regularly will solve that problem. and by using heat protection, it sounds like you are already taking good care of your hair. if your hair is really dry or damaged, use conditioners for dry hair and once a week use a leave in conditioner. this will make your hair softer and in better condition.



older hair will also be more likely to be damaged, so if your hair is really long (so is old) the ends could be split.



sounds like your not eing too hard on it though, twice a week is not excessive for straightening



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

your doing everything right just make sure you have it trimmed on a regular basis to prevent split ends...



Professionals: Hair Straightening?

For straightening hair at home, you can use a hair iron and a straightening shampoo will also help. If you wish to straighten for a longer time, you can undergo Japanese hair straightening. I found this website useful - http://hcr.in/straighten.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan