Sunday, June 20, 2010

Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

While eating lunch at a casual restaurant (not fast food) this past wkend a tennage girl in the booth behind us sat on the edge of the seat and flipped over her very long hair, started brushing it and fooling with it. Putting it into a ponytail. taking it out, etc. That is SO rude and unhealthy around food. Her parents were there and didn't say a word to her. I could just picture those long hairs getting into people's food. That's just one of the rude things I noticed this past weekend. Why don't parents teach their kids any better? Is it because they weren't taught any better themselves?



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I have witnessed the same thing happen not in a restaurant, but in someone's dining room. Kids aren't taught any manners today because the parents are too busy with their own selfish pursuits. It makes me sick. Think about who will be running this country 30 years from now. Frightening.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I've noticed the same. I guess it's because you've got kids having kids and good manners are just a thing of the past. That is so sad. There is nothing nicer then seeing a family of well behaved children with their parents. I think parents today just spend time doing their own thing, and letting their children grow up on their own. Truly a sad situation on both sides.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

It doesn't seem like they do anymore. I see far worse than what you have described.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I see instances of this all the time and I get upset with the parents . I taught my kids , and now my grandchildren .



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I teach myself manners, and I'm not having kids. My parents were scumbags who beat me. And my sisters and family will always be losers. I'd say just get to a place of high integrity and stay out of the slums so you wont be subject to all of those heathens, they can live and die in scum like they want.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I've made certain that my child understands that he needs to say please and thank you, and to say excuse me when he coughs or sneezes or when someone is standing in front of him and he needs to get through. He's 4, and he gets this. So yes, some parents actually do teach their children manners.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

They don't know or don't care; YES!



.Don't you know this is the age of Entitlement, and rudeness?? Depending on the situation, sometimes I say something, nicely, of course, and sometimes I don't.



I work in the Bway theater part time, and I can tell you for sure that in the last 30 years, adults' and kids' behavior has deteriiorated to the point of ridiculousness . Anger seems to be the "du jour" attitude today, everywhere. However when people act NICE and RESPECTFUL, I ALWAYS give a compliment to them.



The politically incorrect view is that some things ARE shameful, digusting, rude, obnoxious.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I would have had to open my mouth and speak on this. That is horrible. And to answer your question, yes, some people are still teaching their children manner, I am one of those people. I think there is a great lack of people with manners and yes parents are either too busy or just lazy and don't care. i am not sure of the reason however, some are raising heathens. It is really pathetic. What is the world coming to. I can not get over the girl combing her hair at the table, that is really nasty. God bless****



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I noticed that also, even adults are becoming as rude. I was walking in the Mall, just window shopping. This woman came right past me and almost knocked my purse off my shoulders, I turned and said excuse me??? But she just continued walking. Another time I was at the state fair with my mother, standing on the side of the pathway talking and I looked over and saw a woman walking my way and I said to my mother. Watch she is going to walk right into us. Sure enough that is exactly what happen. I looked at her and said she needed to watch where she was going. But she looked at me with a blank face and continued walking. So my point is..... If the kids are acting this way, it's possible that the parents are teaching them that way... Sad but true. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree...



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I couldn't agree with you more. Parents are not doing their job. That's what's wrong with a lot of the problems today. Always goes back to the parents.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I have been a nanny for 7 years. You would not believe the things that kids do and say. Their parent let them and I think it is horrible. I am afraid to have children at this rate because like the other person said-what will it be like in 30 years? or even just 10 :(



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

No most parents are far to busy for this. They leave the childrearing up to the teachers, nannies, and daycare providers. When the children are home, the children are let run loose without supervision. I am at the school every day to pick up my 2 charges, and they do not have any manners. Teachers have a hard time getting the children to stay in line and be quiet. We would never have been allowed to behave this way when I was growing up. I am nanny and the childrearing is basically left up to me. I was at a friends for the Thanksgiving holidays. There were 3 small boys there. They were allowed free run of the house screaming at the top of their lungs, while their parents did absolutely nothing. Later I was told the parents do not believe in telling the children no. My mum and I left early as I was very tired of the noise. It seems manners are becoming a thing of the past.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

Some still do. I was shocked that a boy about 10 held the door for me. When I thanked him he actually said you're welcome instead of no problem.



Doesn't anybody teach their kids manners anymore?

I think it's still the parent's responsiblity to talk to their kids more often but unfortunately because parents have a lot of responsibilities with a lot of things, like work, family responsibilities that they don't have time to sit with their children, it saddening especially to younger generations, I guess it's also the way the parents was raised when they were younger, but a good kid is still a well disclipned with manners by their parents

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan