Tuesday, June 22, 2010

How do you keep a little girl's extremely fine hair from getting constant knots & tangles i

My daughter is 9 and has beautiful, blonde, wavy hair. It is very long and she has a lot of volume, although it is very fine. The problem is, I have tried the spray on de-tanglers for kids, as well as special shampoo %26amp; conditioner made for wavy/wiry hair. Someone suggested to me once that I try products aimed for people with coarse or wiry hair because such products which will cause wavy hair to settle down if desired. I often will use a brush and hot water to get the tangles out, but no matter what method or product I use, the tangles return as soon as my daughter's hair gets tossled by the wind or by playing or sleeping in her bed. Then it's several minutes all over again just trying to get the knots out. This is very difficult when we are in a hurry. Cutting her hair may seem like the perfect solution (which is what my husband wants to do), but my daughter begs me to let her keep her hair long. Does anyone have any ideas on dealing w/such difficult hair?



How do you keep a little girl's extremely fine hair from getting constant knots %26amp; tangles in it?

hi........one way to help is always use a wide toothed comb when styling and always begin combing at the ends of the hair, never at the scalp as this creates fallen hairs to build up and tangle, so begin combing about and inch or so up the hair shaft at a time and do so in small sections taking your time. Don't hurt the child, be patient. also a leave in spray conditioner is brilliant and wear the hair in a braided type style when possible. when washing, comb with the conditioner still in the hair b4 rinsing, using the same method as with dry hair.........also Californian Poppy oil or a good olive oil with a small drop of an essential oil just for the smell such as jasmine or lavender help settle my hair which is very wirey..........good luck!!!!!!!!



How do you keep a little girl's extremely fine hair from getting constant knots %26amp; tangles in it?

be carefull not to over brush hair because it can damage it.



maybe try putting in a leave in conditioner and then when it dris and u have brushed it you spray in the detangling spray also get her to always sleep with it in a plat so it wont tangle at night



How do you keep a little girl's extremely fine hair from getting constant knots %26amp; tangles in it?

I had similar trouble when I was little, despite spray-on detanglers. My mother finally solved the problem by putting it in a single braid in the morning, then pigtails before I went to bed. It's worth a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan