Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

I'm 13 and I have wavy/curly a bit past shoulderlength hair and i absolutely hate it! It's extremely thick. i get many compliments but i hate it so much.



I have a $70 conair straightener but it cannot handle my hair. it



straightens it, but its too full and frizzy looking! not to mention it takes a very long time and it never turns out perfect.



once my friend straightened my hair with a $150 straightener (i forget the brand) %26amp; my hair was gorgeous! it was flat and thin and shining. it was perfect



i can't get ANOTHER expensive straightener...so i was thinking of getting the permanent straighten thing.



do all hair salons offer it?



how much? is it cheaper for kids?



i've heard there is a do-it-yourself but does it have the same



salon results?



is it really worth it? how long will it last?



i read an allure article a while back about it and it was $700 and it used tons of chemicals.



I'm just a teenager. will it damage my hair?



thanks so much!



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

do all hair salons offer it?



Most salons offer some sort of straightening services. Not all are good. Find a salon that uses Paul Brown straightening system.



how much? It depends on the salon....amount of curl and straightening to be done...( whether or not it's a double process or single process, the length of your hair...the thickness of your hair....and the amount of curl in the hair.) Prices range from 100.00 to 500.00.



is it cheaper for kids?



no. Hair is hair. However, until you have gone thru puberty....it's probably better to wait on getting a chemical straightening done because you're hair hasn't got the adult cuticle layering yet and the results might not be the ones you desire.



i've heard there is a do-it-yourself but does it have the same



salon results?



No....and you run the risk of serious damage if you don't know how the chemicals will react with anything coating your hair. It's always best to have a professional do your chemical work.



is it really worth it? Yes....I have had it done many times....I also have naturally curly hair. I find it's makes my hair a alot easier to manage. With the Paul Brown straightener you still have curl if you want it...but when you blow and press it straight....it comes out soft and silky....not thick and wirey.



how long will it last? Until it grows out.



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

I think that's a good idea...:) Report It



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

DO NOT CHEMICALLY STRAINGTEN YOUR HAIR



From your description i have about the same hair type as you do. When i was about your age, I talked with my cousin who is a liscensed hair dresser about doing this, and what she told me was that unless you have coarse hair ( like asian or african american) than it was ruin your hair.



I have a friend who is part black part swedish, therefore have extremely curly hair, but its not as coarse as an african americans hair. After 4 times chemically straigtening it, her hair looked like crap. It was stringy and it always looked dirty.



im my personal opinion, i would suggest that you invest in a good straigtener ( CHI is a really good brand, its the one i use, it gets my hair really nice). I know that its a lot of money, but trust me, its worth it.



hope this helps



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

hey, i know what you mean,



i love the good hair straighteners that can make any hair look great,



but honestly your better off spending your money on a good hair straightener, my friend recently got hers " permanently straightened" and it was straight for the first few weeks but it goes away, it is never permanent, so your better of saving your money because it is expensive and buying a good hair straightener,



maybe you should ask the friend what brand it was,



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

if you go to a good hairdresser, it should come out alright.



its like 100 bucks around here and it is not cheaper if youre younger. usually the price varies with length though- more money for longer hair.



it should last until your roots start growing in.



Permanent hair straightening..is it right for me?

I've had thick wavy/curly hair since my teens. I understand what you are going thru. Unfortunately there is no such thing



as a permanent straightening solution. I have gone to many salons and have spent hundreds if not thousands on getting my hair starightened.These solutions could burn your scalp /hair and make your hair more frizzy and dry. It can even cause your hair to fall out or become thin and brittle. Be careful of the store brand solutions. Even a proffesional hair stylist



(If they are honest) will tell you that a straightener is only temporary. I'm 41 yrs. old and I still have thick curly wavy frizzy



hair. If you have a good hair straightening iron use that instead. I have to go several times to get my hair straight, but at least I wont' go bald with putting chemicals in my hair. Good Luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan