Sunday, June 20, 2010

Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

After school grades 1 to 7. Getting up before kids so breakfast to ready and on the table. Making sure teeth are brushed,hair combed, clothes in order and books. After school homework is done, any messes are cleaned up and snack time. Some play time inside or outside. Cook dinner,clean up. kids get clothes ready for next day. Have a snack. Give kids a bath and put on pajama. Are there other parents doing the same thing? Or do the kids do it for themselves? Seems like a kid staying up until 11 pm and getting up at 7 am doesn't get enough sleep and when they wake up maybe too tried to eat breakfast. With kids up until 11 pm than parents, you are up later and still are getting up before or with the kids? I am not saying anyone is doing bad, I really just trying to see what other people are doing and how?



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

I am up much later then my children, ages 12, 10, and 2. My alarm clock goes off at 6 am. Then I am off to get the 2 oldest up. They get dressed and meet me in the kitchen. While I make lunches they make thier own breakfast. Lunches ready they put them in backpacks and head up to brush teeth..If baby is awake one of us will bring her down. The 2 oldest then have 15 mins to play with baby or read or chat with mom and then they are off to the bus at 7 am. The rest of the day is a tornado of dealing with daily care of a 2 year old and any house hold things that need to be done...mainly cleaning. Baby down to nap form 1-3 and that is my time to eat lunch and mop any floors and make any phone calls that require no noise. I alos like to stop and breath at those meoments as they are mine and some of the only quiet time I get to myself. 3pm baby awake start snack for big kids home at 3:30. Depending on the sports schedule, we eat snack and do home work. Then off to sports and hopefully I have started a crockpot of dinner...otherwise it is take out (We like the grocery store chicken and sides...feels like homemade and better than MdDonalds) Back home and it is time for showers, finsih homework and if there is time TV. Baby in bed at 8 or 8:30 big kids in bed by 9. Clean up, finish laundry, talk with husband that has just gotten home, maybe just maybe read a book and watch the news. Then before I know it is tis 11pm and I need to decide if I am going to do anything else or go to bed.We are busy and we look forward to the weekend. As we do very little then. I prefer it that way.



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

Your doing fine your giving your kids stability in their lives.. but your becoming a rarity as less parents want to take on the real responsibility of being a parent.



Kids seem to be going to bed really late for grammar school and I don't get it. Staying up late was a privilege not something you did every night. I have heard of kids falling asleep in the classroom.. it used to be kids in high school now its getting younger and younger. Then they wonder why standard test scores are getting lower and lower.. well the parents don't care and the kids aren't sure when they will be fed or have clean sheets on the bed in order to sleep well.(some even sleep on the floor or couches this doesn't seem right).



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

with me my kids are 13+14 my typical day is i get up at 6.45 kids up at 7 shower for both then breakfast teeth brushed uniforms on out for school for 8.30 then home from school at 3.30 homework done then tea time then they go out with there mates they come in at 8.30 they get ready for bed at 9 they are in there bedrooms for 9.15 and lights out at 10 that's on school nights on weekend i let them stay up till whatever time they want but because they are in a routine they usually cant stay up lol. Routine is best as far as I'm concerned for the kids. x



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

i have only 1 kid who is not is school yet. yes i follow a routine.



i get up at 430am to get ready for work. at 500am my husband gets home from work. than i leave at 515am. my husband sleeps for a few hours, sometimes he drops our son off on the first floor, where my mom lives if he wants to sleep some more. at 3pm i am home and i prepare dinner than i lounge for the rest of the day. our apt is pretty small so its hardly ever messy.



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

i can say what happens with myself and my 2 younger brothers. Im 16 and one of my brothers is 14. We dont really have a bedtime but we tend t go to bed at a reasonable hour. We get ourselves up and make our breakfast and luch for school, get our own clothes and books ready and get ourselves to school. sometimes mum gets up and makes lunch or whatever, but we usually do it ourselves and leave together. Sometimes i will make breakfast and he will make lunch or vice versa. We both work and i do dancing while he does soccer, so if we need to work or go to our activities mum will take us. she makes dinner evrynight and if we have had stuff to do we have it when we get home or whenever its ready. We do our homework and assignments when they need to be done, mum or dad dont police it. My other brother is 11, mum gets up and helps him get ready for school, She gets his uniform ready and makes his lunch but he packs his bag, and makes his own breakfast. when he gets hoime mum helps him with his homework and if he has soccer takes him. He has a general bedtime but usually takes himslef to bed! so we dont have a strict routine and mum doesnt police us like crazy. SHe lets us go otu when we want and trusts us to get things done for ourselves.



Interested in answers. How many people follow a routine before bed and at breakfast with kids?

We have certain rules about when homework has to be done but my kids (grades 3 and 7) get ready for the next day on their own. I may have to do some reminding but thats about it. In the morning, they already know that they need to get up and brush hair and teeth.



I dont have a routine for snack time or free time. They are too old for that. As long as homework is done, they are free to play until dinnertime.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan