Friday, June 18, 2010

Should I strip my hair or bleach it..? At a salon or at home?

I kind of want to go blonde. My natural hair color is very dark brown. As a kid I was blonde but my hair slowly turned darker and darker... and now i want to have short blonde hair so i can add other semi-permanent colors to it.



Should I go to a salon or can I do something at home?



help please.



Should I strip my hair or bleach it..? At a salon or at home?

please go get a professional consultation.



I'm a professional colorist. i do a lot of color correction for people who have tried to go lighter at home, and come in with a brassy, orange, over processed mess. you are talking at least 6 levels of lift. you can not get this out of a box from the drugstore, no matter what the box tells you. they are trying to sell you a product, and don't care if you break all your hair off or not.



you can go blonde in phases. if you do it all in one shot, you will end up with damaged hair.



dark brown hair has red/orange undertones. trying to lift it too fast will expose the contributing pigment. but with the right products, and someone who knows what they are doing, and is watching it closely, a pretty pale blonde can be achieved with minimal damage.



i hope this helps. feel free to email me if you have any questions.



Should I strip my hair or bleach it..? At a salon or at home?

definitely go to a salon



Should I strip my hair or bleach it..? At a salon or at home?

go to a salon.... unless you know how to do it professionally yourself. Bleaching it is enough stress on your hair %26amp; you want it done the right way or you'll completley fry your head.



Should I strip my hair or bleach it..? At a salon or at home?

There you go! 3 great answers up there...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
auto loan